Cooktown Art Forum
Cooktown Art Forum
Cooktown Art Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cooktown Art Forum

Open discussion on art! Share and enjoy!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Australian Artists' Resale Royalty Rights

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cooktown Art
Admin
Cooktown Art

Australian Artists' Resale Royalty Rights Empty
PostSubject: Australian Artists' Resale Royalty Rights   Australian Artists' Resale Royalty Rights I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:27 pm

Legislation to introduce a resale royalty right scheme to ensure Australia's visual artists receive a portion of the proceeds from the resale of their works was passed by the Senate on 26 November 2009.

It is anticipated that a collecting society to administer the right will be appointed in early 2010, and the resale royalty right will take effect six months after the legislation receives Royal Assent.

Under the scheme, artists will receive five per cent of the sale price when original works are resold through the art market for $1000 or more. The resale royalty right will apply to works by living artists and for a period of 70 years after an artist’s death.

The scheme will cover original works of art, such as a painting, a collage, a drawing, a print, a sculpture, a ceramic, an item of glassware or a photograph.

The resale royalty right will apply only on resales where the seller acquires a work after the resale royalty legislation takes effect.

The Australian Government committed to introducing a resale royalty right for visual artists in its 2007 election policy statement, New Directions for the Arts.

To inform the development of the Australian scheme, the Government conducted a series of targeted consultations with key arts and art market stakeholders in May 2008.

The Government announced funding of $1.5 million over three years in the 2008–09 Budget to support the scheme’s establishment.

Factsheet
Back to top Go down
http://cooktownart.com.au/
Faye
Supremo Poster
Supremo Poster
Faye

PostSubject: Re: Australian Artists' Resale Royalty Rights   Australian Artists' Resale Royalty Rights I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 8:31 am

Admin wrote:
Under the scheme, artists will receive five per cent of the sale price when original works are resold through the art market for $1000 or more. The resale royalty right will apply to works by living artists and for a period of 70 years after an artist’s death . . . .. . . will apply only on resales where the seller acquires a work after the resale royalty legislation takes effect.

Not much use to me as don't sell in the $1,000.00 plus price range Australian Artists' Resale Royalty Rights Icon_exclaim Australian Artists' Resale Royalty Rights Icon_exclaim
Australian Artists' Resale Royalty Rights Lol
Back to top Go down
http://fayes4art.blogspot.com/
Sparky
Supremo Poster
Supremo Poster
Sparky

PostSubject: More Money Back to ARTISTS!!   Australian Artists' Resale Royalty Rights I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 8:39 am

It's a pity this doesn't kick in until the painting sold is over $1,000 as what about the poor hobby artists and resales of their work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Australian Artists' Resale Royalty Rights   Australian Artists' Resale Royalty Rights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Australian Artists' Resale Royalty Rights
Page 1 of 1